Abbotsford, BC – October 18, 2017 – Travis BUTLER, a 38-year-old man from Abbotsford, was arrested on Tuesday, October 17, 2017, by APD Major Crime Unit detectives in relation to a child pornography investigation. On September 7, 2017, a search warrant was executed at BUTLER’s residence and numerous computers and data storage devices were seized. An examination of that evidence revealed thousands of images and videos depicting child sexual abuse. The investigation into BUTLER began in 2016 and involved both Canadian and US Law Enforcement.
Travis BUTLER has now been charged with Making Available Child Pornography x 2 and Possession of Child Pornography.
BUTLER has been released on the under the following court ordered conditions:
- Not to have contact or communicate with, or be alone with, anyone who reasonably appears to be under 18 years of age (unless that person is acting in the course of their employment in a retail or service industry setting)
- Not to attend any public park, school, daycare center, swimming pool, playground, skating rink, community centre or recreational center where persons under the age of 18 are present or might reasonably be expected to be present
- Not to engage in computer activity that involves contact with any person under the age of 18
- Not to possess or utilize any electronic device capable to accessing the internet
- Not to possess or utilize any encryption software or any form of file erasing utility
- Not to contact any person known to be involved in the sexual exploitation of children or possessing child sexual exploitation materials
Anyone with information about Travis BUTLER is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit of the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225, text us at 222973 (abbypd) or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
APD FILE # 16-49669 RELEASE # 1
Abbotsford Police Department
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.