Regina, Saskatchewan – On Thursday, January 11, 2018, at approximately 3:26 pm, police were dispatched to a convenience store on the 3000 block of 13th Avenue for the report of a disturbance. Information received was that a male and female were fighting in front of the store. The male drove away. Police then received a report from the female that the male drove away with her child. Police determined that there was an existing relationship between the two adults.
Police located the female complainant at the convenience store, and located the vehicle at an apartment on the 2200 block of Robinson Street. Officers went inside to check on the child and the male. The female was brought to the apartment and the male waited outside with police. The male informed police he had belongings in the apartment, which he requested be retrieved. When police retrieved the items, they observed a quantity of a substance believed to be cocaine inside some bags. The male was arrested for possession for the purpose of trafficking. A further search of the male revealed more of the same substance.
A warrant was issued to search the male’s vehicle, which revealed a firearm.
Twenty-four year-old Cordell Keith HENRY is charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of a firearm [CC 117.01(1)];
- Careless use of a firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Carry a concealed weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Possession of a loaded or restricted firearm [CC 95(1)(A)]; and
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime [CC 96(1)].
HENRY made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, January 12, 2018, at 9:30 am.
Regina Police Service
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.