Edmonton, Alberta – In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) is issuing the following warning: Adam Donovan Adie is a convicted violent offender and sexual offender, and the EPS has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another violent or sexually violent offence against someone while in the community.
Adie has an extensive history of extreme physical violence, including sexual violence, against women known to him and those he would randomly encounter. Adie also has an extensive history of extreme physical violence, including serious assaults with weapons, against male victims known to him or those he would randomly encounter. Adie’s propensity towards serious violence is heightened by the consumption of alcohol and drugs.
Adie will be residing in the Edmonton area. The EPS is seeking a recognizance order on Adie, and he will be monitored by the EPS Behavioural Assessment Unit.
Adie has been placed on a series of court-ordered conditions, including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- Must abstain from the possession or consumption of alcohol and drugs, including cannabis.
- Must not possess any drug paraphernalia (i.e. pipes, e-cigarettes, bongs, cigarette papers, syringes).
- Must not be found in any licensed premises other than a dining room for the sole purpose of having a meal.
- Must not leave the City of Edmonton without approval of his supervisor.
- Must not be in possession of any weapons, including knives (except for the purpose of having a meal).
- Must not enter into a dating, intimate, sexual relationship with any person or any friendships with females until her identity has been disclosed and she has been informed of his previous offending by his supervisor.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Adie can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.
Edmonton Police Service
“Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve”
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.