Fort McMurray, Alberta – One man has been arrested and $2,200 worth of cash and drugs have been seized after ALERT’s Fort McMurray organized crime and gang team wrapped up a three-month investigation.
On August 8, 2018, ALERT investigators arrested a male suspect outside a business in the Eagle Ridge neighbourhood of Fort McMurray. At the time of the arrest, between the suspect and his vehicle, they were able to seize:
- 16 grams of cocaine;
- 4 grams of psilocybin mushrooms;
- 20 Oxycodone tablets; and
- $380 cash proceeds of crime.
Duncan McLeod, 22, has been charged with:
- trafficking a controlled substance (x2);
- possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking;
- possession of a controlled substance (x2); and
- possession of proceeds of crime.
McLeod was released on bail and is scheduled to appear in provincial court in Fort McMurray on August 28.
Members of the public who suspect drug or gang activity in their community can call local police, or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers is always anonymous.
ALERT was established and is funded by the Alberta Government and is a compilation of the province’s most sophisticated law enforcement resources committed to tackling serious and organized crime.
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.