Strathcona County, Alberta – Since November 1, 2018 Strathcona County RCMP have received 18 reports of theft from motor vehicle. Several neighbourhoods including Summerwood, Aspen Trails and Mills Haven have seen a large number of these thefts.
In most cases the vehicle doors were not locked but in a few cases vehicle windows have been smashed to gain access. Some of the items that have been stolen are; tools, laptops, cellphone, wallets, passports and insurance/registration papers.
Strathcona County RCMP are reminding residents to ensure their vehicles are locked and all valuables are removed.
Additional safety tips to prevent thefts from motor vehicles:
- Do not leave personal documents such as your registration or drivers licence in your vehicle.
- Do not leave house keys or garage door openers in your vehicle.
- Lock your vehicle – always physically check it is locked, even when parking at home or just leaving your car for a moment.
- Tradespeople – lock external tool boxes and equipment if they can’t be removed.
- Park in a locked garage if possible.
If you have been a victim of a theft from your vehicle, please ensure you report it to police.
If you have information about this investigation, please call the Strathcona County RCMP at 780-467-7741 or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.
Strathcona County RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.