Grande Prairie, Alberta – On March 17, 2019, Grande Prairie RCMP Municipal Drug Section along with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services, ALERT and Grande Prairie General Duty members, executed 2 Search warrants in the City of Grande Prairie and the Town of Wembley following a drug investigation. RCMP searched both residences and located approximately $615,000 worth of illegal drugs. Canadian currency and firearms were also located during the search.
The following items were seized as a result of the investigation;
• Approximately 4.2 kilograms of Cocaine
• Approximately 250 grams of Fentanyl Powder
• Approximately 270 Fentanyl tablets
• Approximately 1950 Oxycodone tablets
• Approximately 22.5 litres of GHB/Rohypnol
• Approximately $4000 in Canadian Currency
• 4 firearms
George Osbaldo GODOY- GUERRA (24) of Surrey, British Columbia is facing the following charges;
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 4
• Trafficking a controlled substance
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Possession of a prohibited weapon/device
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm
• Obstruction of a Peace Officer
Mr. GODOY-GUERRA remains in custody and scheduled to appear at Grande Prairie Provincial Court on March 20, 2019.
Grande Prairie RCMP is committed to increasing community safety by using a crime reduction strategy that focuses on identifying repeat offenders, gathering intelligence, and conducting enforcement initiatives.
Grande Prairie RCMP
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.