Moncton, New Brunswick – Three men are facing a combined total of 17 charges following a seizure of weapons and drugs in Moncton.
On May 11, 2019, around 1:40 a.m., an RCMP police officer on patrol in the Mountain Road area of Moncton observed a parked vehicle behind a local business. Upon speaking with the occupants of the vehicle, a firearm was observed inside the vehicle, leading to a search of the vehicle. Further investigation led to the seizure of two loaded 9mm handguns, pepper spray, a quantity of Canadian currency and a quantity of what is believed to be methamphetamine. Three men were arrested at the scene.
On May 14, 32-year-old Christopher Eric Dickie and 22-year-old Alex Lee Scribner, both of Moncton, and 22-year-old Colton Benjamin Stiles of Riverview appeared in Moncton Provincial Court and were charged with:
· Possession of a prohibited weapon (pepper spray)
· Two counts of unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
· Two counts of knowingly occupying a motor vehicle in which there is a loaded firearm
· Two counts of possession of a loaded, restricted firearm without authorization or licence
· Two counts of possession of an unlicensed firearm
· Two counts of possession of a firearm with an altered serial number
· Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
· Careless storage of a firearm
Christopher Dickie was also charged with possession of a firearm while prohibited. Alex Scribner was also charged with failure to comply with a probation order. Colton Stiles was also charged with possession of a firearm while prohibited and failure to comply with a probation order.
All three accused were remanded in custody pending a bail hearing on May 16.
The investigation is continuing.
Codiac Regional RCMP
New Brunswick RCMP
Changes to Facebook means fewer people now see our posts. Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.