Moncton, New Brunswick – Three men are facing a combined total of 17 charges following a seizure of weapons and drugs in Moncton.
On May 11, 2019, around 1:40 a.m., an RCMP police officer on patrol in the Mountain Road area of Moncton observed a parked vehicle behind a local business. Upon speaking with the occupants of the vehicle, a firearm was observed inside the vehicle, leading to a search of the vehicle. Further investigation led to the seizure of two loaded 9mm handguns, pepper spray, a quantity of Canadian currency and a quantity of what is believed to be methamphetamine. Three men were arrested at the scene.
On May 14, 32-year-old Christopher Eric Dickie and 22-year-old Alex Lee Scribner, both of Moncton, and 22-year-old Colton Benjamin Stiles of Riverview appeared in Moncton Provincial Court and were charged with:
· Possession of a prohibited weapon (pepper spray)
· Two counts of unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
· Two counts of knowingly occupying a motor vehicle in which there is a loaded firearm
· Two counts of possession of a loaded, restricted firearm without authorization or licence
· Two counts of possession of an unlicensed firearm
· Two counts of possession of a firearm with an altered serial number
· Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
· Careless storage of a firearm
Christopher Dickie was also charged with possession of a firearm while prohibited. Alex Scribner was also charged with failure to comply with a probation order. Colton Stiles was also charged with possession of a firearm while prohibited and failure to comply with a probation order.
All three accused were remanded in custody pending a bail hearing on May 16.
The investigation is continuing.
Codiac Regional RCMP
New Brunswick RCMP
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.