Kinsella, Alberta – On June 12, 2019 at approximately 6:30 p.m, Viking RCMP members were conducting traffic enforcement along Highway 14 near Kinsella, and stopped a white Ford F350 for expired registration. During the traffic stop, it was determined that the vehicle was stolen from Edmonton, and the male driver was using a different plate.
Further investigation by police after the driver was arrested determined that there was a rifle in the vehicle that was improperly stored, along with approximately 175 grams of cocaine. Police estimate the street value of this cocaine to be approximately $10,000.
Tyler Dorland, 28, of Wainwright, Alberta has been charged with numerous offences including:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine.
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.
• Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle.
• Careless use of a firearm.
• Fail to comply with an undertaking X 2
• Display unauthorized licence plate on a motor vehicle.
• Adult learner drive motor vehicle without proper supervisor.
Dorland was remanded in custody and will appear in Vegreville Provincial Court on Monday, June 17.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.