Stony Plain, Alberta – On Nov. 7, 2019 at 3:50 a.m. Parkland RCMP observed a vehicle driving with no tail lights. When the RCMP member attempted to conduct a traffic stop, the vehicle failed to stop. Other RCMP members attempted to conduct traffic stops with the same vehicle, but the vehicle continued to ignore police. The vehicle was located a short time later. It had collided with a power pole. The driver, identified as Jaydin Cuvilier, was located walking on the road near the scene of the collision. He was not injured. A sawed off rifle, ammunition, methamphetamine and items related to drug use were located inside the vehicle.
Jaydin Cuvilier (23) of Stony Plain, Alta. has been charged with:
• Flight from peace officer
• Dangerous operation
• Possession of prohibited weapon
• Possession of prohibited weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public
• Occupy a vehicle in which he knew there was a prohibited weapon
• Possess a firearm while prohibited (x6)
• Operate a conveyance while prohibited from doing so
• Possession of stolen vehicle over $5000
• Unlawfully possess a controlled substance
Jaydin Cuvilier was held for a Justice Interim Release Hearing and was remanded into custody. His first appearance is scheduled for Nov.12, 2019 at Whitecourt Provincial Court.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.