Red Deer, Alberta – An investigation by the Red Deer RCMP General Investigation Section led to the arrest of one male and the seizure of drugs, a firearm and cash.
Throughout October and November, police conducted an investigation into a drug trafficking operation in Red Deer. On November 15, a search warrant was executed in Red Deer after an investigation. As a result of that search warrant, police seized:
• 504 grams of fentanyl
• 141 grams of cocaine, packaged for sale
• $10,200 (CDN)
• one rifle
• various drug paraphernalia
“This arrest and seizure was made in a known hot-spot for criminal activity,” says Inspector Mark Groves. “This is an example of the success of the Red Deer RCMP’s Pinpoint program, which focuses on prolific offenders, addresses, and crime hotspots that are of the most concern to the public.”
As a result of this investigation, Craig Johnson (31), of the United States has been charged with nice Criminal Code and Controlled Drug and Substances Act Charges, including:
• Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (X 2)
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
• Careless use of a firearm (X2)
• Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized (X2)
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon (X2)
Craig Johnson remains in custody after a judicial hearing and will appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on November 28, 2019.
Red Deer RCMP
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.