Cochrane, Alberta – On Dec. 3, 2019, at approximately 7:30 a.m., Cochrane RCMP responded to an abandoned vehicle in the ditch near Morley.
Upon arrival, an adult male was found in the vicinity of the abandoned vehicle and fled from police into a wooded area. RCMP Police Dog Services (PDS) tracked the male to a nearby residence, where he surrendered himself. At the time of his arrest, the offender was on probation and subject to a number of release conditions.
A search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, cash, and break in tools.
MacKenzie Cory Twoyoungmen (26) of Morley, was charged with the following:
• Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
• Failure to comply with the conditions of a Recognizance (x3)
• Failure to comply with a probation order (x8)
• Possession of break in instruments
• Operating an unregistered motor vehicle
• Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
He was remanded in custody following a judicial hearing and is scheduled to appear in Calgary Provincial Court on Dec. 6, 2019.
Cochrane RCMP would like to thank the members of the public for bringing this abandoned vehicle to the attention of police.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.