Red Deer, Alberta – An investigation by the Red Deer RCMP General Investigation Section led to the arrest of six people and the seizure of drugs, cash, firearms, and vehicles.
Between Sept. 17 and Nov. 26, 2019 RCMP members from Red Deer, in partnership with members from Sylvan Lake and Blackfalds detachments, conducted an investigation into a drug trafficking operation in the region. On November 26, search warrants were executed at one property in Red Deer, one property in Blackfalds, and one property in Sylvan Lake. Red Deer ALERT assisted in the searches.
As a result of the search warrants, police seized:
• 1351.4 grams of a substance believed to be cocaine
• 353.2 grams of a substance believed to be methamphetamine
• 312.8 grams of a substance believed to be fentanyl
• A large sum of Canadian cash
• 2 firearms
• Packaging consistent with high level drug trafficking
• 5 vehicles, one which contained a hidden compartment utilized in transporting drugs from the lower mainland, British Columbia, to Red Deer and surrounding areas.
“The amount of illegal materials our GIS unit captured during this investigation is significant,” said Superintendent Gerald Grobmeier, Officer in Charge of the Red Deer RCMP detachment. “It is important to note that this investigation would not have been as successful without the seamless collaboration between our GIS department and the RCMP detachments in Blackfalds and Sylvan Lake. We are showing drug traffickers that the Red Deer RCMP along with its partners in Central Alberta will continue to work in collaboration to mitigate illegal activity.”
Six individuals were arrested and a total of 39 Criminal Code and Controlled Drug and Substances Act charges were laid against:
• Curtis Wesley Augustus (38) of Grande Prairie, Alta.
• Aaron Capp (33) of Cold Lake, Alta.
• Justin John Goodhand (32) of Medicine Hat, Alta.
• Ilija Rade Jahura (26) of Kelowna, B.C.
• Denni Allen Martin (33) of Surrey B.C.
• Shawna Lori Willier (29) of Edmonton
All individuals have been charged with:
• possession for the purposes of trafficking X 3
• possession of stolen property over $5,000
• careless use and storage of a firearm
• possession of a prohibited and/or restricted firearm
Augustus, Capp and Goodhand all have an additional charge of possession of a prohibited firearm.
Red Deer RCMP
File # 2019-1423113
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.