Oakbank, Manitoba – At approximately 3:30 am, on February 20, 2020, a homeowner called 911 to advise of a chimney fire in his residence in the RM of Springfield. The caller, an 88-year-old male, indicated that he was the sole occupant of the home.
The local fire department, emergency medical services personnel and RCMP officers responded. Upon arrival, the 88-year-old male was found unresponsive within the home.
Despite efforts of first responders he was pronounced deceased on scene.
An autopsy has been scheduled.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner is assisting with the ongoing investigation.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.