Innisfail, Alberta – On March 31, 2020, many Innisfail residents woke up to find suspicious footprints in the fresh snow on their property and near their vehicles. Following the report of a break and enter, police trailed a string of offences leading to the scene of a freshly stolen vehicle. Police tracked the suspect to his home and arrested one male following the execution of a search warrant. The male was found to be in possession of stolen property, identity and vehicle documents, and a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
Lincoln Charles Capel (34) of Red Deer, Alta has been charged with:
• S. 348(1)(b) Criminal Code – Breaking and entering with intent (x2);
• S. 333.1(1) Criminal Code – Theft of a motor vehicle;
• S. 430(4) Criminal Code – Mischief under $5000;
• S. 355(b) Criminal Code – Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (x3);
• S. 56.1 Criminal Code – Illegal possession of government documents (x3);
• S. 117.01(3) Criminal Code – Possession of ammunition contrary to an order (x3);
• S. 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act – Possession of methamphetamine; and,
• S. 54(1)(a) Traffic Safety Act – Driving an uninsured motor vehicle.
Capel has been remanded into custody to appear in court April 7, 2020.
Police would like to recognize the members of the public who reported these activities and provided video surveillance as they have been instrumental partners in this investigation.
If you have information about any criminal activity, please contact the Innisfail RCMP Detachment at 403-227-3341 or your local police service. If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.