Watson Lake, Yukon – On May 13th, 2020, Watson Lake detachment received information that a man had entered a residence and threatened the occupant with a handgun. Officers obtained a search warrant for the individual’s residence and executed a search in the early evening hours of May 23rd, 2020.
During the search, police located and seized:
• a loaded SIG Sauer P226 handgun;
• ammunition of various calibres.
Alfred Magun, 60, is charged with the following under the Criminal Code:
• Pointing a firearm;
• Uttering threats against a person;
• Using firearm in the commission of an offense;
• Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose;
• Breaking and entering with intent;
• Careless use of a firearm;
• Possession of restricted firearm/prohibited weapon with ammo without licence/registration;
• Unsafe storage of firearms.
Mr. Magun appeared in court on May 24th, was remanded into custody and is next scheduled to appear on Wednesday, May 27th, 2020.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.