Fort Vermilion, Alberta – On May 28, 2020 at approximately 1:10 a.m., Fort Vermilion RCMP were dispatched to a 9-1-1 call from a victim who had been shot at by a firearm.
Members attended and located a victim who suffered minor injuries as a result of a gun shot. The victim was travelling in their vehicle when they were shot at by the suspect. The suspect fled before police arrived. No one else is believed to have been injured during this incident.
As a result of the investigation, the suspect was located and arrested without incident. The suspects firearm was not recovered.
Frank Morris NOSKIYE (55) of John D’or Prairie, has been charged with:
• Assault with a weapon – Sect. 267(a) of the Criminal Code
• Careless use of a firearm – Sect. 86(1) of the Criminal Code
• Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm – Sect. 92(1) of the Criminal Code
• Possession contrary to prohibition order x2 – Sect. 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
• Fail to comply with an Recognizance x4 – Sect. 145(3) of the Criminal Code
• Discharge a firearm with intent – Sect. 244(b) of the Criminal Code
• Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose – Sect. 88(1) of the Criminal Code
Frank has been remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in Fort Vermilion provincial court on June 2, 2020, in relation to these allegations.
Should you have information relating to this or any other crime, please contact the Fort Vermilion RCMP detachment at 780-927-3255. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com, or by using the “P3Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Fort Vermilion RCMP
File # 2020-682459
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.