Lloydminster, Alberta – At approximately 2:10 a.m. on Sunday, July 12, 2020, Lloydminster RCMP Police Dog Services attempted to stop a stolen vehicle in the area of 44 Street and 45 Avenue. The suspect vehicle proceeded to flee from police, travelling eastbound out of the city. Police did not pursue the vehicle, and determined shortly after that the suspect vehicle turned around and began to travel westbound into Lloydminster again. Police were able to successfully deploy a tire deflation device, however the vehicle still failed to stop. A second tire deflation device was deployed west of Lloydminster, and the suspect vehicle continued travelling in a dangerous manner before the driver abandoned it in an area near Tulliby Lake.
Lloydminster RCMP along with Lloydminster and St. Paul Police Dog Services, Kitscoty RCMP and Vermilion RCMP, were able to arrest the driver at this location.
Jade Whitstone, 29, of Onion Lake, SK, has been charged with:
• Operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited x 2
• Flight from peace officer
• Resist arrest
• Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose x 3
• possession of break-in instruments
• Fail to comply with a release order condition x 6
• Fail to comply with a probation order
Whitstone was held in custody for Alberta Provincial Court in Lloydminster on July 14, 2020.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.