Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest where a loaded firearm and a quantity fentanyl were recovered.
On Wednesday, August 19, 2020, at approximately 9:30 p.m., police assisted Toronto Community Housing Special Constables with an arrest in the Sherbourne Street and Shutter Street area.
It is alleged that:
– a man was investigated for having open liquor in a vehicle
– Toronto Community Housing Special Constables searched the vehicle and discovered bullets
– the man then fled on foot with Toronto Community Housing Special Constables in pursuit and Toronto Police officers responded
– the man was seen throwing an object
It is further alleged:
– a loaded Smith and Wesson MP9C handgun with 9 rounds of 9mm ammunition was located
– 24.25 grams of purple fentanyl was also located
Kevon Radcliffe, 23, of Scarborough, has been charged with:
1. three counts of Careless Storage of Ammunition
2. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with ammo
3. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its possession is Unauthorized
4. Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
5. Careless Storage of a prohibited device (over capacity magazine)
6. Possess Restricted prohibited device knowing no authority (over capacity magazine)
7. Fail to Comply Court Release
8. Possess Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking – fentanyl
9. Possess Proceeds Obtained by Crime
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 10 a.m., in room 103.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Case #: 2020-1562037
Toronto Police Service
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.