Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in relation to three retail robberies that occurred in the Bloor Street West and Delaware Avenue area and the Yonge Street and St. Clair Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
– on Saturday, August 29, 2020, three retail store robberies were committed in Toronto
– in each, a lone man entered a premise while concealing his identity with a mask
– the man gave a note to the employees that demanded money and indicated that he was armed with a gun
– at the first two locations, the man fled the scenes empty-handed
– at the third location, the man took a quantity of cash before fleeing the scene
Hold Up Squad investigators were able to identify a man.
On Monday, August 31, 2020, officers from 51 Division Community Response Unit located a man and arrested him.
It is further alleged that:
– evidence related to the crime was seized during the arrest
Joseph Okute, 26, of Toronto, was charged with:
1. three counts of Robbery
2. three counts of Disguise with Intent
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 10 a.m., room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Case #: 2020-1629395
Toronto Police Service
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.