Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an on-going fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
During November 2019, the Toronto Police Service Financial Crime Unit were made aware of a person altering:
– Canadian passports
– University Degrees
– medical and legal documents
– government issued documentation
– financial documentation
– a man was operating under the following names:
– Synergy Capital
– Onyx Platinum Developments
– Onyx Medical Supplies
– Joseph Bell
– Onyx Belleus
– the man was using forged documentation to support claims of representing legitimate businesses in order to make high value purchases and sales of medical equipment
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, members of the Financial Crimes Unit executed a warrant at a residence.
Onis Belleus, 52, of Toronto was arrested. He has been charged with:
1. four counts of Possession of Forged Passport
2. Possession of Counterfeit Mark
3. eight counts of Forgery
5. Fraud Over
6. Possess Instrument to Commit Forgery
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Police are seeking the public’s assistance with this investigation, and would like to speak to anyone who has any information.
Investigators believe that there may be more victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Case #: 2020-1599593
Toronto Police Service
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.