Maskwacis, Alberta – At approximately 04:30 a.m. on September 1, 2020, the Maskwacis RCMP responded to the Samson Cree Nation townsite in response to a firearm complaint. During the course of the investigation, the Maskwacis RCMP obtained a search warrant for a nearby residence and the RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) was engaged to assist in executing the search warrant.
During the search of the residence, a firearm was located and 24-year-old Ray Buffalo of the Samson Cree Nation was charged with the following offences:
· Sec. 87(1) CC – Pointing firearm
· Sec. 88(1) CC – Possession of weapon dangerous to public peace
· Sec. 91(1) CC – Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Sec. 86(1) CC – Careless storage of a firearm
· Sec. 145(5)(a) CC – Breach of release order
Investigation into this incident is ongoing and no further updates will be provided.
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.