Toronto, Ontario – On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 12:35 p.m., police received a report of a boat that had crashed onto the rocks in the Woodbine Beach area.
It is reported that:
– a 46-year-old man was operating a 20ft bowrider vessel
– there were six passengers on board the vessel
– the operator lost control of the vessel and struck rocks approximately 90 meters from the shoreline near Woodbine Beach
– as a result of the collision, a 47–year-old man was transported to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries. The man later succumbed to his injuries
– the operator and remaining passengers received non-life threatening injuries as a result of the collision
This area of the waterfront is believed to be heavily occupied at the time of the collision and police are asking anyone that may have saw the collision, or have video footage of the incident, to contact investigators.
There were witnesses who may have spoken to media that may not have yet spoken to police, these people are encouraged to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Case #: 2020-1665229
Toronto Police Service
Please support us by "sharing".