Grande Prairie, Alberta – Grande Prairie RCMP has charged one male with numerous firearms offences following a traffic stop.
On September 22, 2020 at 11:45 p.m. RCMP were making patrols on 116th Avenue at 96 Street when they observed a suspicious vehicle parked at a gas station. A traffic stop was conducted and as a result of an investigation the driver was arrested for breaching curfew conditions. During a search of the vehicle police seized 3 rifles and a shotgun. Various types of ammunition were also seized.
Andrew Haugseth (32) of Grande Prairie has been charged with the following Criminal Code Offences:
· Breach of firearms prohibition x 5
· Fail to comply with Undertaking x 5
· Careless use, storage and transportation x 4
· Possession of firearms knowing unauthorized x 4
· Unauthorized possession of firearm in a vehicle x 4
· Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm with readily accessible ammunition x 4
Following a judicial hearing, Haugseth was remanded into custody to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Sept 28, 2020.
Grande Prairie RCMP
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.