Regina, Saskatchewan – Three adult males have been charged in connection with investigation into an Attempted Murder on Tuesday, which resulted in serious injuries to a 28 year-old male.
This investigation began at about 12:08 a.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2020, when police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Athol Street for a male who’d sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. Officers at the scene rendered first aid until EMS arrived and transported the victim, a 28 year-old Regina male, to hospital. Investigation into this incident led to the arrest of one suspect on an unrelated matter later that day. Further investigation led to police conducting a traffic stop on two more suspects, who were arrested without incident. Police recovered evidence in a duffle bag, including a sawed-off shotgun. All three males have been charged in connection with this case. The victim remains in hospital. This investigation is ongoing.
Twenty-nine year-old Guy Kendrick Lenney FAVEL and 25 year-old Jeremy Ryan Lee FAVEL, both of Regina, are charged with Attempted Murder Using a Firearm [239(1)(a.1) CC].
In addition, Jeremy Ryan Lee FAVEL is charged with:
– Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
– Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [117.01(1) CC]; and
– Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
Twenty-three year-old Lance FAVEL, of Regina, is charged with:
– Careless Storage of Firearm [86(2) CC];
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
– Carrying a Concealed Weapon [91 CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(1) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm [91(2) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device in a Motor Vehicle [94(1) CC]; and
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Serial Number has been Tampered With [108(1)(b) CC].
All three accused individuals made their first appearances on these charges before Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
September 28, 2020
The Regina Police Service is investigating an overnight firearms incident in which an adult male sustained serious injuries consistent with an apparent shooting.
On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, just a few minutes past midnight, police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Athol Street for a report of an injured male, after what the caller said sounded like a gunshot. Police arrived and located a 28 year-old male, who had suffered what appeared to be a gunshot wound. Officers tried to control the victim’s bleeding until EMS arrived and transported him to hospital. At the same time, other responding officers gathered potential witness statements and followed physical evidence to the area believed to be the location of the shooting. The victim remains in hospital.
This incident is still under investigation. Anyone who has information that could assist police is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Regina Police Service
Please support us by "sharing".