Fort Macleod, Alberta – On Sept. 29, 2020, a traffic stop was conducted by the Alberta RCMP Traffic Unit – Lethbridge and Fort Macleod RCMP, with a vehicle that had a broken tail light.
A 26-year-old female driver was issued several tickets for infractions under the Traffic Safety Act and Regulations as a result of the traffic stop:
· Operate uninsured motor vehicle
· Operate unregistered motor vehicle
· Display unauthorized licence plate on motor vehicle
· Defective tail lamp
The owner of the vehicle, a 32-year-old female who was a passenger in the vehicle at the time of the stop, was subsequently arrested when stolen property was identified in the vehicle and released to appear in Fort Macleod Provincial Court at a later date.
She is facing seven charges under the Criminal Code:
· possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
· possession of break in instruments
· possession of property obtained by crime (x3)
· possession of stolen identity documents (x2)
The incident remains under investigation.
Lethbridge and Fort Macleod RCMP
Please support us by "sharing".