Grande Prairie, Alberta – On Oct. 22, 2020 Grande Prairie RCMP responded to a residence for a report of a dispute in progress. Upon arrival, police located and arrested an individual who was wanted on charges from an incident that occurred on Oct.17, 2020, in which he allegedly entered a residence and pointed a firearm at another person.
Further investigation led police to locating and seizing several firearms and ammunition, as well as a bag of assorted identification documents, some later determined to have been stolen.
As a result of both occurrences David Dixon (41) of Grande Prairie has been charged with numerous criminal code offences, including the following:
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
· Pointing a firearm
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm x 4
· Fail to comply with undertaking x 28
· Possession of Government identity documents x 5
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Possession of fraudulent documents x 6
· Possession of firearm knowing unauthorized x 2
· Possession of stolen property under $5000
Following a judicial interim release hearing, Dixon was released to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on October 28, 2020
Grande Prairie RCMP
Please help spread the word by "sharing" our reports on your social media accounts.