Innisfail, Alberta – On the evening of December 8, 2020 around 7 pm Innisfail General Investigation Section was conducting pro-active patrols in the Town of Innisfail and located a Honda Civic with a stolen licence plate at an Innisfail gas station.
The vehicle was covertly followed until it parked at a second location and the occupants exited the vehicle. With the assistance of Detachment members both occupants were arrested safely outside the vehicle. The vehicle was found to contain multi ounces of methamphetamine and hundreds of oxycodone tablets, both controlled drugs. A passenger in the vehicle was also found to have multiple counterfeit identification documents on his person.
Both subjects also had outstanding arrest warrants and were held for Judicial Interm Release hearings and taken before a Justice of the Peace.
Steve BIGRAS-VARIN a 31 year old male from Edmonton, Alberta was charged with the following:
– Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
– Possession of oxycodone for the purpose of trafficking
– Possession of a stolen licence plate
– 3 breaches for current release orders
– Drive while suspended
– Drive with no insurance; and,
– Display unauthorized licence plate.
Maxime FALARDEAU-VIAU, a 32 year old male from Calgary, Alberta was charged with the following:
– 4 counts of possess a fraudulent identity document.
Both were released by Justice of the Peace to appear in Red Deer court early next year.
Innisfail RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".