Horse Lake, Alberta – On January 2, 2021, Beaverlodge RCMP were called to a residence in Horse Lake, Alberta to remove a male with outstanding warrants.
Upon arrival, Darcy Wanihandi fled on a snow mobile. The snow mobile became stuck in trees and Wanihandi fled from police on foot. Wanihandi was apprehended shortly thereafter.
When Wanihandi was arrested a semi-automatic sawed off 12 gauge shotgun; ammunition for the shotgun; multiple types of drugs including methamphetamine, fentanyl, oxycodone and GHB; multiple knives; and brass knuckles were located on his person.
The outstanding warrants for Wanihandi were executed and he was charged with 26 addition charges of:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
· Flight from Peace Officer
· Resist/Obstruct Peace Officer
· Carry a Concealed Weapon
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm/Prohibited Weapon or Restricted Weapon X2
· Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
· Possession of Firearm/Weapon/Device/Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle
· Possession of Firearm/Prohibited Weapon when knowing the Possession is Unauthorized
· Possession of Firearm/Prohibited Weapon with ammunition without license
· Tampering with Serial Number of Firearm
· Operate Motor Vehicle while Impaired
· Fail to Comply with Release Condition X6
· Possession of Weapons Contrary to Order X3
· Drive Uninsured Motor Vehicle
· Operate Motor Vehicle without Subsisting Certificate of Registration
· Transport Liquor within Easy Access
Wanihandi was held for a Judicial Hearing and remains in custody until his next appearance on January 13, 2021.
Anyone who has information on any crime is asked to contact the Beaverlodge RCMP Detachment at 780-354-2955 or their local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play.
Please support us by "sharing".