Grande Prairie, Alberta – Grande Prairie RCMP has laid several charges in an investigation pertaining to the theft of money from an ATM at a local business in Grande Prairie.
On Jan. 5, 2021, Grande Prairie RCMP began an investigation into the theft of money from an ATM of a local business. Subsequent to the investigation RCMP executed search warrants at two residences in Grande Prairie. As a result of the search warrants police seized:
· Counterfeit Canadian and American currency
· Stolen identity documents including SIN cards and bank cards
· Fraudulently produced driver’s license, firearms possession and acquisition license
· Equipment used to fraudulently produce identity documents including templates for those documents
Kodie Letendre (34) and Veronica Rennie (30) of Grande Prairie have been charged with:
· Possession of property obtained by crime x 3
· Possession of forged document
· Possession of instruments for making forged documents
· Illegal possession of Government documents
· Theft of credit card
· Making counterfeit money x 2
· Possession of counterfeit money
· Having Instruments for counterfeiting
Rennie has also been charged with failing to comply with an undertaking. Letendre and Rennie are scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Jan. 27, 2021.
Police have identified at least five victims of proper crime in relation to this file and have recovered their stolen property. RCMP continue to investigate and may identify further victims.
If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5701 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMP
File 2021-18904Social Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".