RM of St. Clements, Manitoba – On January 28, 2021, at approximately 11:55 pm, Selkirk RCMP responded to a single vehicle collision on Highway 59, in the RM of St. Clements.
A vehicle had left the roadway and was stuck in the ditch. The driver, a 31-year-old male from Winnipeg, was not injured.
Further investigation revealed that the driver was wanted on a warrant and the vehicle he was driving was stolen. The driver was arrested without incident.
In the snow, a short distance from the vehicle, officers located a machete and a knife.
A search of the vehicle was conducted and officers seized bear spray, approximately 86 grams of methamphetamine, eight grams of suspected purple heroin and Canadian currency.
The 31-year-old male is facing charges of;
• Operate a Conveyance While Prohibited
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime x2
• Fail to Comply
• Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
• Possession of Break-in Instruments
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking x2
Selkirk RCMP continue to investigate.
Please support us by "sharing".