Toronto, Ontario – The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a Fraud investigation
It is alleged that:
– between June 1, 2020 through to February 18, 2021, a man would order various products online from companies throughout Canada
– once the man received the items, he would contact the company indicating he wanted to return them
– the return packages were dropped off at various Canada Post locations throughout the City of Toronto
– unknown to Canada Post, the man had put a device in the package which would eventually remove the labels
– the packages were then undeliverable
– the companies would issue a refund for the items as they had been received by Canada Post
The Toronto Police Service along with the assistance of Canada Post investigators were able to identify the man.
On Thursday, February 18, 2021, members of 41 Division Criminal Investigative Bureau executed a Criminal Code search warrant at a residence in the Finch Avenue East and Don Mills Road area.
It is further alleged the investigators recovered $20,000 in merchandise and $25,000 in Canadian Currency.
Christopher Lim, 28, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Twenty-three counts of Public Mischief
2. Twelve counts of Fraud Under $5000
3. Eighteen counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
4. Six counts of Personation
5. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
He appeared in court on Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 10a.m., Toronto East Courts, 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, room 412
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Case #: 2020-2441676
Toronto Police Service
Please support us by "sharing".