Grande Prairie, Alberta – In Mar. 2021 the Grande Prairie RCMP General Investigation Section, in partnership with Grande Prairie ALERT, began an investigation into possible drug trafficking in the Grande Prairie area. This five-week project focussed on the sale of illicit drugs within the community.
As a result, two adult males were arrested and charged.
Blain Quinn (27) of Grande Prairie has been charged with:
· Traffic controlled substance – Fentanyl x 2
· Traffic controlled substance – Methamphetamine x 2
Zackery Vanderlans (23) of Grande Prairie have been charged with:
· Traffic controlled substance – Methamphetamine
· Traffic controlled substance – Fentanyl
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking – GHB
· Possession of a controlled substance – Fentanyl
· Possession of a controlled substance – Methamphetamine
· Possession of a controlled substance – Oxycodone
· Possession of a controlled substance – Zopiclone
· Possession of proceeds of crime
During a search incidental to the arrest of Vanderlans, police seized what is believed to be 6.9 grams of Methamphetamine, 450 mililitres of GHB, 2.9 grams of Fentanyl, 113 Zopiclone pills, 17 Oxycodone pills, $624 in Canadian currency, two cell phones, small plastic bags and an electronic scale.
Following judicial interim release hearings Quinn and Vanderlans were released from custody to appear in appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on May 19, 2021.
Police would like to thank the public for their continued efforts in order to help solve crime within our community. If you have any information in regards to drug related crime in the community, you can contact the Grande Prairie RCMP at (780)830-5700. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMP
Please support us by "sharing".