Parkland County – On April 26, 2021 Parkland RCMP requested assistance from the public to identify a suspect involved in a road rage incident. Numerous tips were received and, as a result, the investigator was able to identify the suspect.
The 26-year-old male suspect was issued a provincial ticket for stunting. A stunting ticket has 3 demerit points and the fine is $567.00.
The suspect’s name will not be released as the charge is a provincial ticket and is not public information.
Cyclists are vulnerable road users. It is important to remember:
· Be aware of road conditions. While cyclists are required to ride as close as practicable to the right curve, they may need to ride further out to avoid hazards like pot holes, debris, gravel etc.
· When passing a cyclist, change lanes like you would for other vehicles
· When you are preparing to turn right, watch for cyclists who may ride beside your vehicle and shoulder check to your blind spots to the right.
· Cyclists using the streets and highways are to ride single file except when passing another bicycle
For other tips about sharing the road with vulnerable road users, please go to https://www.alberta.ca/vulnerable-road-users.aspx
Parkland RCMP would like to thank everyone for their assistance with tis investigation. If you witness someone driving recklessly who is putting people on bicycles or motorcycles at risk, please contact the Parkland RCMP Detachment at 825-220-7267 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store
Parkland County, Alberta – On Friday, April 16, 2021, sometime between 5:20 p.m. and 5:29 p.m., two cyclists were travelling east on Woodbend Road near the Woodbend Community Hall. A Dodge Ram pickup, travelling west, veered towards them. The male driver yelled obscenities and continued west. The suspect then returned and spun his tires spraying the cyclists with gravel. The suspect continued to harass the cyclists until they stopped and pulled into the ditch. He eventually left without further incident.
The suspect is described as:
· Caucasian male
· Short dark hair
· Dark beard and mustache
The truck is described as:
· Dodge Ram 2500 pickup, 4 door
· Dark grey with rust around the driver’s side back wheel well
Parkland RCMP request the public’s assistance to identify the driver of this vehicle. If you recognize the driver or have information that will assist with the investigation, please contact the Parkland RCMP Detachment at 825-220-7267 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Please support us by "sharing".