Innisfail, Alberta – On May 27, 2021, at approximately 11:15 a.m., Innisfail RCMP initiated a traffic stop on Township Road 362 near Highway 816.
The officer activated the police vehicle emergency equipment and the vehicle fled, losing control a short distance later and went off the road, coming to rest in the ditch. The officer arrested both occupants of the vehicle.
A search of the vehicle and the occupants resulted in the seizure of a loaded shot gun, ammunition, knife, drugs, stolen identity documents and drug paraphernalia.
As a result of this investigation Dillon Jarik Bristow, a 27-year-old male, and Evelyn Sadie Clare, a 19-year-old female, both from Red Deer, Alta., are jointly charged with:
· Possession of a firearm without being the holder of a license
· Possession of a firearm knowing that they were not the holder of a license
· Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
· Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm without authorization
· Unlawful transport of firearm
· Possession of a firearm knowing it was obtained by the commission of an offence
· Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public
Dillon Bristow is further charged with:
· Possession of a firearm while prohibited (x4)
· Possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) (x2)
· Flight from police
· Mischief while operating a motor vehicle (damage to fencing)
Plus additional charges under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act.
Evelyn Clare is further charged with:
· Unlawful possession of identity documents (x2)
· Possession of stolen property under $5,000
· Possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine)
· Possession of a controlled substance (LSD)
· Fail to comply with conditions of release (x3)
· Breach of probation (x7)
· Unlawfully transport cannabis in a motor vehicle (AB GLA)
Following a judicial hearing, both Bristow and Clare were remanded into custody and are scheduled to attend Red Deer Provincial Court on May 31, 2021.
As this matter is now before the courts, no further information will be provided.
Innisfail RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".