Innisfail, Alberta – On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 4:22 p.m. Innisfail RCMP received a call for service from a female advising that she had been locked out of her residence by two house guests staying with her, who were in possession of a firearm.
The RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Police Dog Services (PDS) were called in to assist with the investigation however the suspects departed the scene prior to police being able to effect an arrest.
On June 6, shortly after 10 a.m., the suspects returned to the residence. ERT and PDS were again engaged. Judicial authorization was obtained to enter and search the apartment and two suspects were taken into custody without incident. A sawed of 22 calibre rifle, bear spray, knifes, pellet pistol, oxycodone tablets, drug paraphernalia and stolen property were seized.
Sheldon James Keough (35) of Innisfail and Karissa Marre Labar (22) of Blackfalds, Alta. have both been charged with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
· Careless use/storage of a firearm
· Possession of a weapon dangerous to public
· Possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm
· Possession of a prohibited firearm (x3)
· Possession of a firearm/weapon obtained by crime
· Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number has been altered
· Possession of stolen property under $5000
· Mischief under $5000
· Interfere with lawful enjoyment of property under $5000
After a Judicial hearing, both accused were remanded into custody and will next be appearing in Red Deer Provincial Court on June 8, 2021.
As these matters are before the courts, no further information will be provided.
Please support us by "sharing".