Winnipeg, Manitoba – In August 2021, the Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit and Organized Crime Unit entered an investigation that began with a social media post involving a firearm. The Guns & Gangs Unit subsequently continued the investigation, which progressed into a firearm and drug investigation.
On August 19, 2021, the Guns & Gangs Unit, with the assistance of the Organized Crime Unit, Firearms Investigation and Enforcement Unit and Tactical Support Team, executed three search warrants, including one at a residence in the first 100 block of Dalhousie Drive, a residence in the 200 block of Provencher Boulevard, and a hotel within the 1800 block of Pembina Highway.
Four adults were arrested, and more than 100 charges were laid as a result of this investigation.
Jonathon Alexander HERNTIER, 37, was charged with 46 drug, firearm and assault-related offences.
Joseph LIEW, 36, was charged with 35 drug and firearm-related offences.
Laura Jeanne POWELL, 26, was charged with 16 drug and firearm-related offences.
Sherry Ann KELLY LAGIMODIERE, 31, was charged with 12 drug and firearm-related offences.
All parties are from Winnipeg, and all were detained in custody.
Over 1.5 million dollars worth of illicit drugs was seized, as well as $150,000 in cash, numerous firearms and ammunition. Below is a list of the items that were seized during these search warrants:
– 17.8 kg of methamphetamine (estimated street value $890,000)
– 2.7 kilograms of cocaine (estimated street value $214,000)
– 8.5 kg Xanax pills (estimated street value $250,000)
– 1.5 kg Psilocybin (estimated street value $15,000)
– 500 grams Fentanyl (estimated street value $139,000)
– 19 Percocet pills and 36 Gabapentin pills (combined estimated street value $200)
– $150,000 Canadian currency
– money counter, vacuum sealer and packaging materials
– 12 gauge shotgun
– 40 calibre Sig Sauer P320 model
– .22 calibre Ruger rifle model 10-22
– .22 calibre GSG rifle model MP40
– 9 mm Ruger rifle model PC Carbine – obliterated serial number
– inoperable revolver
– .22 Derringer Frontier model
– Glock 19 air pistols x 2
– Glock 17 air pistol
– Walther PPK air pistol
– Crosman SNR .357 air pistol
– various ammunition (compatible with all these firearms)
– smoke grenades x 2
Firearms and Drugs – Arrests: C21-193230
Winnipeg Police Service
Please support us by "sharing".