Grande Prairie, Alberta – On Oct. 22, 2021, Grande Prairie RCMP Municipal Drug Unit, Grande Prairie RCMP, with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services, executed two search warrants within Grande Prairie following a drug trafficking investigation.
During the searches, several items were seized including what is believed to be:
· Approximately 750 grams of crystal methamphetamine
· Approximately 76 grams of cocaine
· Approximately 49 grams of fentanyl
Police also seized a shotgun with ammunition, approximately $9,585 in Canadian Currency and multiple items related to drug trafficking.
Jeffrey Lawrence Klimack (36) and Denise Lynn Peirce (32), both of Grande Prairie have been charged with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking crystal methamphetamine
· Unauthorized possession of a weapon
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
Jeffrey Klimack faces additional charges of:
· Possession of a firearm contrary to order
· Careless storage of a firearm
Denise Pierce faces an additional charge of:
· Trafficking Fentanyl
Following a judicial hearing, Jeffrey Klimack was remanded into police custody and is scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Nov. 3, 2021. Denise Pierce was released from custody on a release order and is scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Nov. 10, 2021.
Members of the public who suspect drug activity in their community are encouraged to contact their local RCMP detachment. If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".