Innisfail, Alberta – On Oct. 31, 2021, at approximately 11 p.m., while conducting proactive patrols in the town of Innisfail, RCMP conducted a traffic stop with a vehicle in the 4800 block of 50th Avenue. During the course of the traffic stop it was discovered that the driver was wanted on outstanding warrants from the Edmonton Police Service.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested and during a search of the vehicle, police recovered 1.1 ounces of fentanyl, 1.3 ounces of cocaine, 5 grams of methamphetamine, cash proceeds of crime, shotgun ammunition and a stolen .357 magnum handgun.
As a result, 38-year-old Christopher Wales of Edmonton has been charged with the following additional offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine
• Possession of a weapon obtained by crime
• Possession of property obtained by crime
• Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
• Careless use of a firearm
• Possession of a firearm knowing it’s possession is unauthorized
• Possession of a weapon knowing it’s possession is unauthorized
• Carrying a concealed weapon
• Possessing a firearm in an unauthorized place
• Possession of a firearm contrary to order
• Possession of ammunition contrary to order
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
• Breaching release conditions (x5)
After a Judicial Hearing, Wales has been remanded to appear Nov. 10, 2021, in Red Deer Provincial Court.
Innisfail RCMP remain committed to reducing illegal drug activity to promote safety and security in the communities we serve.
If you have information regarding illegal drug activity or any other crime, please contact the Innisfail RCMP Detachment at 403-227-3341 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Please support us by "sharing".