Jasper, Alberta – On Nov. 20, 2021, shortly before 9:30 p.m., Jasper RCMP responded to a disturbance at a local establishment in the area of Connaught Drive and Pyramid Lake Road in Jasper.
The investigation indicated that the male was refused entry to the establishment and then allegedly assaulted an employee and made verbal threats.
The male was arrested on scene. During Isbister’s transport by Jasper RCMP, he caused damage to the police motor vehicle.
Isbister has been charged with several offences as a result of the investigation.
Christopher Shane Isbister (56) of Jasper has been charged with:
· Uttering death threats (x2)
· Mischief under $5000 (relating to police motor vehicle)
· Breach of a court order
After a judicial hearing, Isbister was released on a $3000 promise to pay with conditions which include:
· Not to possess any weapons (including knives and bear spray) or imitation weapons while outside of his residence with the exception of work tools on a job site or utensils used while preparing or eating food
· Not to possess a firearm, crossbow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or an explosive substance
· Not to be found intoxicated by controlled drugs, alcohol or other intoxicating substances in a public place
Isbister is next scheduled to appear in Jasper Provincial Court on Dec. 9, 2021.
As these matters are now before the courts, no further details regarding the incident can be released.
Please support us by "sharing".