Leduc County, Alberta – In Nov. 2021, Leduc RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) entered into a property crime investigation as a result of a report of two break and enters and stolen property in Leduc County and Spirit River, Alta.
On Nov. 30, 2021, Leduc RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) Leduc RCMP General Investigation Section, Leduc RCMP Drug Unit and Wetaskiwin Crime Reduction Unit executed a search warrant at a residence in the area of Township 481 and Range Road 253 in Leduc County. Five people were arrested.
As a result of this investigation, police located three stolen vehicles and two stolen trailers. One of the vehicles had been repainted.
Recovered stolen vehicles and trailers:
· 2009 Ford F150 from Grande Prairie, Alta.
· 2007 Toyota Tundra from Wetaskiwin, Alta.
· 2016 Certified flatbed trailer from Busby Alta.
· 2015 Yamaha FZ09 from Edmonton, Alta.
· 2011 Blazer Enclosed Utility trailer from Spirit River
Also recovered and seized was a loaded rifle along with $15,000 in various stolen property. Leduc RCMP CRU have made efforts to contact all owners of the property that was recovered.
Jeff Edward Medd (37) of Leduc County was charged with:
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 (x5)
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of a firearm while knowing possession is prohibited
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Possession of a weapon contrary to order (x2)
Medd was also arrested on two outstanding warrants on unrelated matters out of Edmonton.
Central Alberta District RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".