Airdrie, Alberta – On Saturday Jan. 8, 2022, at approximately 11:30 a.m., an Alberta RCMP Traffic member who was working an Airdrie Safe Roads Enhanced Enforcement Shift observed a male driving while holding a cell phone and not wearing his seat belt.
A traffic stop was conducted and the officer immediately noted a strong smell of Cannabis coming from inside the vehicle. A search was conducted under the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (GLCA) and located the following:
· 36 Ziploc bags in which each Ziploc bag contained 28 individual – one gram packages of “Cannabis Shatter”
· 15 Ziploc bags that each contained 28 vials of “Cannabis Wax”
· 1 Ziploc bag that contained 25 vials of “Cannabis Wax”
In total, 1453 individually pre packaged bags of cannabis products (not marked for sale in Canada or Alberta) were seized.
A 38-year-old male from Airdrie was charged with:
· Distracted driving (Traffic Safety Act)
· Failing to wear seat belt (Vehicle Equipment Regulations)
· Cannabis within reach of driver (GLCA)
· Possession of Cannabis not in accordance with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act, with a mandatory court date of Feb. 8, 2022 in Airdrie Provincial Court.
The male’s name cannot be released as these charges have not been formally sworn at this time.
Alberta RCMP Traffic Unit
RCMP – Southern Alberta DistrictSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".