Banff, Alberta – On July 11, 1998, a local tour guide located human remains on the back side of Sulphur Mountain in Banff National Park (via Cosmic Ray Road).
To date, despite the on-going investigation spanning over 20 years, the remains have yet to be identified.
DNA was obtained from the remains and has been uploaded into the National DNA Data Bank (NDDB)), additionally, potential missing person’s files were cross referenced and ruled out by either DNA and/or dental records. There are not any known missing person’s cases outstanding that match this particular case.
There were several items located in the area of the remains including keys with a War Amps key tag, pictures, and wallet.
The summary of the Medical Examiner Forensic Anthropologist’s reports indicates the deceased is:
· an adult male
· age range between 19-35, likely closer to 25
· 5’10” tall (177.8 cm +/-3.27 cm)
· time of death is greater the 2 years prior to 1998
· Male possibly had rickets in infancy.
Two composite sketches have been done (in 2001 and 2018) in an effort to show what the male may have look like.
Description of items that were located in the area of the remains:
· Chrysler key (70’s-80’s, no vehicle was recovered)
· T.B. Vets tag with the Arms of B.C. (records are not kept prior to 1997)
· Black leather wallet with the word “Amity” in gold letters
· Pictures enclosed in the wallet
· Faint markings on the reverse side of the second partial photo contained the address 524 6 ieme ave Nord, St-Antoine, J7Z-5H9 (attached photo “Wallet Pic 2”)
The Banff RCMP are asking seeking assistance from the public in identifying the male and reuniting him with his family.
If you have any information in relation to the identification of this male. Please contact Banff RCMP at 403-763-6600 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
File 2018-1868030Social Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".