Rankin Inlet, Nunavut – On January 25, 2022 at 3:50 pm Rankin Inlet RCMP were advised that a flight that was enroute to Naujaat was turning back to Rankin Inlet due to an unruly passenger.
During the course of the investigation, it was learned that Joelie Tuktudjuk was drinking hand sanitizer on-board and became angry when the sanitizer was taken from him. Tuktudjuk was yelling, swearing and being threatening toward the staff.
Joelie Tuktudjuk, 38, was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
– Section 175(1)(a) – cause a disturbance;
– Section 129(a) – resisting arrest;
– Section 145(4) – fail to comply with undertaking; and
– For an unrelated outstanding arrest warrant.
Additional charges are:
– Section 7.3(3) Aeronautics Act – fail to comply with instructions of flight crew;
– Section 602.04(1)(a) Canadian Aviation Regulation – did consume onboard an intoxicating liquor not served.
Rankin Inlet RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".