Grande Prairie, Alberta – On January 27, 2022, Grande Prairie RCMP Municipal Drug Unit, with the assistance of Grande Prairie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit executed a search warrant within the city of Grande Prairie following a drug trafficking investigation.
During the search, several items were seized including what is believed to be:
· Approximately 2.16 kilograms of cocaine
· 195 oxycodone pills
· 60 alprazolam pills
Police also seized a loaded Hi-Point 9mm handgun, approximately $10,000 in Canadian Currency and multiple items related to drug trafficking.
Dursa Moume Tofik (38) of Edmonton, Alberta has been charged with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking alprazolam
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking oxycodone
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
· Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm while prohibited
· Breach of a firearms prohibition
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
Following a judicial hearing, Dursa Tofik was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Feb. 23, 2022.
Members of the public who suspect drug activity in their community are encouraged to contact their local RCMP detachment. If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".