Lamont County, Alberta – On March 13th at approximately 10 a.m., Fort Saskatchewan RCMP along with Strathcona RCMP, Capital East Traffic Services and Alberta Sheriffs, responded to a complaint of a male threatening to shoot the caller at a private residence on Range Road 182, Lamont County.
Once on scene, the victim disclosed that a firearm had been discharged at him, but he was not struck. There were no other injuries reported.
With the assistance of RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) negotiators, the suspect surrendered to police on scene.
Kelly Craig Dawson (37) of Sherwood Park, has been charged with:
· Discharging a firearm with intent
· Careless use of a firearm
· Pointing a firearm
· Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Fail to comply with a release order (x2)
· Fail to comply with a probation order
· Weapons possession contrary to an order
Following a Judicial Interim Release Hearing, Dawson was remanded into custody to appear in Fort Saskatchewan Provincial Court on Thursday, March 17th.
As this matter is now before the courts, no further updates are anticipated.
Fort Saskatchewan RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".