Sturgeon County, Alberta – On March 15th, shortly before 1:00 p.m., Fort Saskatchewan RCMP received a complaint from the public that a male had jumped out of a Mercedes Benz at the intersection of Highway 28A and Highway 37, Sturgeon County, leaving it abandoned.
Fort Saskatchewan RCMP along with Strathcona County RCMP responded to the call, as the vehicle description matched that of a suspect vehicle Strathcona County RCMP were attempting to locate in relation to a criminal flight from police incident.
Once on scene, it was determined the abandoned grey 2006 Mercedes Benz was stolen, and it was the same vehicle involved in criminal flights over the past two days in Vermilion and Edmonton, and the same vehicle Strathcona County were attempting to locate.
The driver and lone occupant was located a short distance from the scene and subsequently arrested.
Steven Dale Brazeau (30) of Sylvan Lake, has been charged with the following:
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
· Possession of a forged document
· Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
· Possession of break-in tools
· Illegal possession of Government documents
· Possession of a firearm in a vehicle
· Carrying a concealed weapon
· Failing to comply with a release order (x2), plus
· Five charges under the Traffic Safety Act
Following a Judicial Interim Release, Brazeau was remanded into custody on matters from Fort Saskatchewan, Vermilion and Edmonton. Brazeau will be appearing in Fort Saskatchewan Provincial Court on Thursday, March 17th, 2022.
As this matter is now before the courts, no further updates are anticipated.
Fort Saskatchewan RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".