Grande Prairie, Alberta – On Feb. 26, 2022 at approximately 9:15 a.m., Grande Prairie RCMP received a 911 call of a robbery that had just occurred at a residence in the area of 97 Avenue and 99 Street in Grande Prairie.
Grande Prairie RCMP attended and preliminary investigation indicated that three individuals attended the residence and while inside, one of the suspects reportedly took out a firearm, threatened the male resident and obtained a quantity of Canadian Currency. The altercation resulted in the resident spraying the three suspects with bear spray. The three suspects then fled the residence on foot.
Officers patrolling the area located a male youth matching a suspect description and was subsequently arrested. The other suspects were not located.
While inside the residence, officers observed several indicators of drug trafficking which resulted in the male resident being arrested. A search warrant was obtained for the residence.
During the search of the residence, several items were seized including what is believed to be:
· 6.7 kilograms of dried cannabis
· 1.4 kilograms of cannabis resin
· 113 cannabis vape pens and 84 refill cartridges
· 222 packages of cannabis edibles
· 1.7 kilograms of psilocybin
· 89 bottles of liquid cannabis edibles
· 56 tabs of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
Officers also seized a debit machine, advertising materials, and multiple other items relating to drug trafficking.
Drew Bryant Fertuck (28) of Grande Prairie has been charged with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking psilocybin
· Possession of a controlled substance LSD
· Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling
A 16-year-old male youth, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was charged with:
· Robbery with a firearm
· Fail to comply with youth sentence order
Following a judicial hearing, the youth was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on March 21, 2022. Drew Fertuck was released from custody on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on May 2, 2022.
Grande Prairie RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".