Winnipeg, Manitoba – On June 17, 2022, members of the Guns & Gangs Unit entered into an investigation regarding two individuals believed to be trafficking fentanyl and illegally possessing firearms.
At approximately 8 p.m., investigators, with the assistance of the Tactical Support Team and other units, executed a pair of search warrants at a residence in the 100 block of Charles Street.
A search of the residence resulted in the seizure of a number of items, including the following:
– A loaded sawed-off shotgun with ammunition
– Several assorted types of ammunition
– A total of 528.5 grams of fentanyl (with an estimated street value of $105,700)
– Three digital scales
– Different types of cookware contaminated with a substance believed to be drug residue
A 37-year-old male and a 47-year-old male, both of Winnipeg, are facing charges of:
– Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
They were released on an Appearance Notice (as mandated by the Criminal Code).
Drug & Weapon Offences – Arrests: C22-132080
Winnipeg Police ServiceSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".