La Corey, Alberta – On June 29, 2022, shortly after 9:00 am, Bonnyville RCMP, with the assistance of the RCMP Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a rural residence just North of La Corey, Alberta. Highway 41 was closed for approximately 5 hours during the event. After the 5-hour operation, the Emergency Response Team safely arrested the home owner. The subsequent search of the property revealed the home owner was in possession of prohibited and restricted weapons as well as multiple stolen vehicles and vehicle parts.
Jeffery Joseph Fendelet (47) of La Corey has been charged with 36 offences including:
• firearms related offences (x14)
• possession of a prohibited weapon or ammunition (x3)
• setting a trap likely to cause harm
• possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose (x2)
• possession of stolen property over $5000 (x2)
• possession of stolen property under $5000
• resisting arrest
• possession of controlled substance (x3)
• possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
• unauthorized possession of tobacco products (x2)
• failing to comply with a release order (x6)
Fendelet was previously arrested and charged by Bonnyville RCMP in June of 2021 for 16 counts of similar charges. Those matters are still before the courts, with his next appearance set for July 19, 2022. One of Fendelet’s release conditions was not to be in possession of firearms or weapons.
Following a Judicial Interim Release hearing for the new charges, Fendelet was remanded into custody until his next appearance on July 5, 2022 in Bonnyville Provincial Court.
Bonnyville RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".