Boyle, Alberta – On July 8, 2022, shortly before 3 a.m. members of the Boyle RCMP attended a rural address in Athabasca County as part of an ongoing investigation, which resulted in a search warrant being executed on the property later that same day.
Boyle RCMP received assistance from Lac La Biche RCMP and the Alberta RCMP Auto-Theft Unit for the execution of the search warrant, which resulted in the recovery of three stolen trucks, as well as multiple firearms.
Zane Bronson (35), of Athabasca County, was charged with the following:
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 (x3)
• Fail to comply with release order (x2)
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm
• Careless use of a firearm
• Possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
Bevin Nash (26) of Bon Accord and William Fournier (42) of Athabasca County, were each charged with the following:
• Obstructing a police officer
As officers were concluding the search warrant, a male known to police was located walking on a nearby road, by Boyle RCMP members. Jason McMullen (39) of Athabasca was arrested on multiple outstanding warrants and new charges that include:
• Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
• Flight from police officer
• Operation of motor vehicle while prohibited
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
Bronson was released with conditions on cash bail by a Justice of the Peace following a Judicial Interim Release hearing, and is scheduled to appear at Boyle Provincial Court on August 23, 2022.
Both Nash and Fournier are scheduled to appear at Boyle Provincial Court on August 9, 2022.
McMullen was remanded into custody following a Judicial Interim Release Hearing and is scheduled to appear at Athabasca Provincial Court on July 25, 2022.
As these matters are now before the courts, no further information will be provided.
Boyle RCMPSocial Media Sharing Centre
Please support us by "sharing".